inside the artist's studio: hjmart



Who?
HJM Art Gallery - Helen Janow Miqueo (hjmart)

What?
My art was influenced by Jackson Pollock, Mark Rothko, and Wassily Kandinsky. However, over the years, I have developed a unique and distinctive style of my own. I called it Unique Acrylic Pouring Technique™.



When?
I can say that I have been painting since I was born. As long as I remember, I have been creating something. Creativity was always in my family. My grandfather wanted to be an artist, by World War II interrupted interrupted his dreams. My grandmother was an incredibly talented woman who created very beautiful, intricate embroidery and crochet-work. My mother is an architect. Following in my family's steps, I am also an artist.

Over the years, I have been trying and experimenting with many different mediums and techniques: oil, tempera, gouache, acrylics ... I settled on acrylics. I create my pouring paintings by mixing acrylic paint with water and pouring the mixture onto the canvas, creating free-flowing shapes and forms. In my most recent works, I combine my pouring techniques with brush as well as Art Deco style with Expressionism.

Where?
Born in Russia, I successfully Completed Moscow's School of Art and hold an AA Degree in Graphic Design. I have exhibited at numerous California galleries and On-line Galleries. My work can also be found in my private and corporate collections around the country and abroad. I am presently living in northern California where I continue to explore and develop my artistic vision.


How?
In the past, I was selling my art through ebay. I still post a few auction-style listings on ebay once in a while. However, my main focus is on my Etsy shop where one can find a wide variety of original art, handmade wearable art jewelry and soon to come - prints.
I accept and welcome commissions!
You can also find my art on Artfire. But now matter where you choose to purchase my art, my priority is to provide reliable, high quality and friendly services to all my art collectors.

Visit HJMart here: etsy, artfire, blog, twitter, facebook, youtube, email

2 comments:

A Beaded Affair said...

Wow, had a hard time leaving a comment but now I think I've got it. Wonderful choice of artist. I love seeing where artists work as well as their art. I tweeted this for you and I'm trying to figure out how to facebook and others. Hopefully I can.
Hugs,
Lois

tkmetalarts said...

I love Helen's work - they are so uplifting, with all the bright colors and energy. Great feature. That video is just awesome.

Post a Comment