ser·en·dip·i·ty

n. pl. ser·en·dip·i·ties
  1. The faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident.
  2. The fact or occurrence of such discoveries.
  3. An instance of making such a discovery.

I know this little phenomenon occurs in some people's life but I've never had the pleasure of experiencing one, until this week! I recently became a contributor to the green scene column over at momfuse.com. momfuse.com is an online magazine of sorts made by moms and for moms.
I'm really honored and excited about writing for them and sharing stories, tips ect about my little green love affair.
So where does serendipity play into all this? Well, I was doing research on some eco-friendly maternity wear for a future article on momfuse.com, two nights ago. You know, doing the google thing. Perused through some pretty cool designs and inspiring ones, but then I landed on an article about a girl based in New York that completely blew my mind.
Her design philosophy spelled out exactly what I've been dreaming about doing for a long time.
It was a completely surreal experience! It sounded as though everything she's doing from fabric choice, production, and post consumer decisions were the script that's been playing in my head regarding a little venture I've been having wishful thoughts about for a while.
I was inspired, flabbergasted and many other words in one.
Well, the serendipity-tiousness of it all didn't stop there. Not that my little gem discovery wasn't enough to get my head spinning. I mean it was so validating to see your idea printed out in front of you, and to know that it is a viable one. Not just another crazy idea that you just kind of think about but don't really seem feasible.
With the excitement of a five year old who just found a new super hero, I emailed a friend and told him about what I just found out. His response is what LITERALLY blew my mind. My brain went completely blank, I think my heart stopped and I forgot to breathe for a few minutes.
He told me that this random person I happen to find on a random google search about something I was doing research on, is one of his best friends! Can you believe that? I mean what are the chances? To me, one in a billion if not more.
So I've been on a cloud nine universe for the past couple of days and still have to pinch myself to make sure that I wasn't dreaming about the whole thing and it actually happened.
I haven't quite recovered from the effect of it and catch myself getting really giddy at a moment's notice. I'm slowly but surely coming back to earth. You see, I've been in a bit of a drab lately with not really knowing where to next, and what's the next plan. In light of my recent adventure though, I've reached some affirmations that I've been needing for a while. And I am now more than ever more inspired, more eager, and looking forward to the hurtles and hard works ahead, because I've been given a precious gift in knowing that all this is doable!
I'm still not really sure where to start but that part is no longer as scary as it's been before.
Now, I know I'll just have to learn a lot, read a lot, build up my little info database and when the time comes, I will be ready to take it all in stride.

CHEERS! to serendipity-tious little moments. got one? do share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment